Monday, May 20, 2013

Vintage Pillow Case Garland


Need a little inspiration for a vintage garland? We made one to go with our Vintage Bottle Mantel and it could not have been easier, unless of course someone else made it for us, and than where would the homemade sanctification be?


While we used a vintage pillow case, any scrap material would work just as well, vintage or not.










                              Now all you need to do is hang your garland up!







You may have noticed our white mantel mirror. We have been wanting a white mantel mirror for a little while now and either have not found the "right " one or were too cheap to spend the money on one.



So we did what every thrifty, frugal girl would do... we pulled out the paint and painted it white ourselves.




                                                                     Here is what it used to look like.




                                          And here it is being transformed.



Making do with what you have and making pretty things out of them...someone might say that's a good thing!

But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah


Psalm 2: 3-4










Linking To:
Skip To My LouBy Stephanie LynnLil\'LunaSNAP!The Frugal Girlshttp://whipperberry.com/52 Mantels

1 comment:

  1. I love your vintage pillow case garland. What a clever idea, but not sure I could cut up my vintage pillow cases. Your frame and vignette looks fabulous. I am your newest GFC.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget