Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Fudgesicle / Healthy Recipe

We put our brand new Popsicle mold to good use recently and made yummy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Fudgesicles with a healthy twist! Even the "men" of the house loved them and were going back for seconds!
!



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Fudgesicle Recipe

1/2 cup natural, sugar free peanut butter
1 1/2 cups unsweetened chocolate almond milk in the carton like this
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
2 tablespoons organic raw cocoa powder
1 bag mini chocolate chips we use these, about 1-2 tablespoons for the bottom of the Popsicle mold
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Agave to taste
Wood Popsicle sticks

Place all ingredients in a Vit-A-Mix/blender except the chocolate chips and coconut oil and blend. With blender still on slowly add the coconut oil and blend.

Place chocolate chips into the bottom, which will be the top when un-molded. Fill each cavity with the mixture and place in freezer until set. Enjoy!



It is so nice not having to be concerned about the artificial junk that is in many a store bought frozen treat. Keeping it true to the recipe or adding in other healthy ingredients is something we like.



In the event you are interested in picking up a traditional Popsicle mold this is the one we have. You can find it here.



So get ready to make lots of tasty, healthy Popsicles this summer! Have fun!



Lord my God, if I have done this:
If there is iniquity in my hands,

If I have repaid evil to him who was at peace with me,
Or have plundered my enemy without cause,

Let the enemy pursue me and overtake me;
Yes, let him trample my life to the earth,
And lay my honor in the dust. Selah

Psalm 7: 3-5







Linking To:

Lil\'LunaThe Frugal Girls


5 comments:

  1. Hi I can't wait to make these, but wondering if there is a substitute for the coconut oil? Is it in there for the flavor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana. We add coconut oil to just about EVERYTHING for the health benefits. It does add a slight flavor to the recipe, but again, it is there for healthy oil it is. You can leave it out if you want to.

      Delete
  2. I recently read that you should consume 4 TBSP of coconut oil every day. It's wonderful nourishment for your brain & may help prevent Alzheimer's. I've been melting 1 TBSP 4 times a day & taking it just before a meal. I also read that it's good for weight loss as it satisfies you so you are less hungry. I'm looking for recipes to incorporate it into my diet. Trader Joe's is a good place to get it. It's the right kind & cheaper than other places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even melt it! I eat it by the spoonful and LOVE it! I add it to coffee, hot tea, smoothies. I cook and bake with it. It makes WONDEFUL "butter"cream frosting in place of butter or shortening. Wherever I can sneak it in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! And Costco now sells it in a two pack of giant tubs! So good!!!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget