Monday, July 15, 2013

Avocado Lime Popsicles

The health benefits of avocados are amazing.

Avocados are  high-fiber, sodium- and cholesterol-free food that provides nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, is rich in healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats (such as omega-3 fatty acids), vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and folate) — as well as potassium.
Foods naturally rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as avocados, are widely acknowledged as the secret to a healthy heart, a brilliant brain and eagle eyes. {source}

Besides adding avocado to a salad or making guacamole, try making fresh avocado lime popsicles! 


Now we can't take credit for this recipe. It comes from the blog, Cooking Stoned, where blog author, Jerry James creates vegetarian and vegan recipes that are sure to please! 

So, you will need to visit Jerry's blog to get the entire recipe as we tease you with a couple of the recipe ingredients like..avocado and coconut milk. So click on the link below and check out all the great recipes.


Cooking Stoned
Cooking Stoned Blog


Love the two tone deliciousness of the avocado and the coconut milk. We eat with our eyes first and these are very appealing. 



If you want to use up some avocados in a new fresh way, give this recipe a try and may your taste buds be happy!




And Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the Lord; My horn is exalted in the Lord. I smile at my enemies, Because I rejoice in Your salvation.
1 Samuel 2:1

Linking To:
By Stephanie LynnSkip To My LouOne Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLhomeworkLink party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.comLil\'Luna52 MantelsThe Frugal Girls741302_10151387329451013_1242776520_oTidyMomBy Stephanie Lynnweekend wrap up partyAshley's Dandelion WishesThrifty Thursday Linky Party at LivingWellSpendingLess.com!Blog Button Sunday Scoop copySNAP! livelaughlinky 250x250http://whipperberry.com/

10 comments:

  1. Not only do these look good, they are healthy good!! That is totally a bonus!

    My readers would love this recipe! I’d love it if you linked this up over at Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday this week! http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This proves it is easy to be green in more than one way! What an interesting combination of textures (the avocado) and flavors the coconut milk! Pinning to my It's easy to be green board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!!! I think I will love these. Thanks for sharing!
    XOXO,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy!! I would love it if you would come and link this up at my link party
    http://www.ashleysdandelionwishes.com/2013/07/dandelion-wishes-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh these look sooo good! Of course I totally pinned! Thanks for sharing :) I found you on the SNAP link party!

    Yvonne @ TriedandTasty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe is super great! Healthy and green (my favorite color). I gonna make some of these for this weekend pool party. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up to
    Dandelion Wishes Wednesday! You are being featured tonight, so come by and grab a button! I'm also pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! Avocado and lime are some of my favorite flavors, and they turned out so pretty. I will be sharing your popsicles with my readers this Friday here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a smoothie made with avocado and lime that was very good. I am going to freeze it and see how that works!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget