Friday, July 12, 2013

Honey Bear Soap

We are in love with this honey bear. Have been since childhood. Just seems to make honey taste all that much better somehow. Well, today we are not talking about eating honey, but instead, bathing with it. Did you know... RAW HONEY...

  • It is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive. 
  • It acts as an antibacterial and anti-fungal agent and helps disinfect and speed the healing process of acne.  
  • It soaks up impurities and helps detoxify your skin.
  • It is loaded with antioxidants (aka the good stuff your face wants) and helps restore damaged and wrinkled skin. 
  • It is incredibly moisturizing, but will not break out you.
  • It naturally cleans your skin and leaves it super soft. {source}
Ready to learn how to make your own?!


While looking around for a honey soap recipe to try we were 
finding recipes that had such little actual honey in them it was not even fair to call them "honey soaps". And than we came across a recipe that used 1/2 cup of raw honey and knew that was the one to try.



                                                         Honey Bear Soap Recipe
  {Original recipe from here and personally adjusted to fit our preference}



1 cup sweet almond oil {can find it here}

1/2 cup organic raw honey
1/2 cup liquid castile soap {we use this one}
1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin {you can find it here} Vegetable glycerin is a humectant, it attracts moisture to the skin.
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or several drops vanilla essential oil.
Clean and dry honey bear bottle or other squeeze bottle.

Place in a glass bowl almond oil and castile soap and gently stir together until well blended and thickened. Add honey, vegetable glycerin and extract or essential oil. Stir well. Pour into clean bottle.Shake well before using as a bath soak or shower soap or love we love using it, sitting on the sink for washing hands. Should keep well for several weeks. 





What beautiful color the honey bear is. Standing tall and ready to serve. Speaking of serving, check out the type of healthy lather you get.


However one uses this honey bear soap, you are doing amazing healthy things for your skin.



Now the next time you are at your local farmer's market, pick up a couple bottles of local raw honey, in the bear bottle of course, Some for eating and some for beauty.





The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
Exodus 15:2

Linking To:

741302_10151387329451013_1242776520_oTidyMomhttp://whipperberry.com/Thrifty Thursday Linky Party at LivingWellSpendingLess.com!Copy and Paste the Code Below to Your BlogSkip To My LouBlog Button Sunday Scoop copyBy Stephanie LynnJoin twenty bloggers at the Summer Camp Link Party. Featuring ideas and projects for summertime fun with kids! Link up your ideas and activities. Join the fun!One Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLhomeworkLink party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.comLil\'Lunamake bake create 452 MantelsThe Frugal GirlsSNAP!

7 comments:

  1. I'm very excited about trying your recipe. We buy gallons of local honey and have found it to be great for allergies and skin problems. My son has lots of trouble with Eczema and I think your recipe might be very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at making my own soap. This one looks like one of the easier recipes. Plus I get bad eczema during the winter so this might be useful during the snowy months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love honey...thanks for the great information! :)

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I love honey and use it as a mask for my face. It leaves my skin so soft! I will have to try to make this soap in the near future. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this idea. We get local honey from a friend and use it everyday. This soap sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also excited to try your recipe! I love all the ingredients individually and have always wanted to try making my own soap, so I think I'll start here! Thank you so much for sharing!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds really neat. I love how you use the bear honey bottle, too :)

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget