Monday, August 12, 2013

Make Your Own Lemon Lavender Aromatherapy Candle

How can one not love the scent, never mind the taste of lemon and lavender. Whether you are baking and enjoying the scents or burning a fragrant aromatherapy candle, it is pure joy!

We have found a wealth of knowledge on aromatherapy, essential oils and recipes using essential oils from the 

Such things as this recipe for making a beeswax aromatherapy candle.

                   Lemon Lavender Aromatherapy Candle
The Aromahead Blog
  • Beeswax (6-8 oz)
  • Essential Oil (I used 2 ml patchouli and 2 ml vetiver) *
  • NOTE the author of the original recipe used patchouli & vetiver, we used lavender and lemon in our version. Sorry for any confusion.

  • Supplies:
  • 4 oz glass jar
  • 1 wick
  • A set of chop sticks
  • Pyrex measuring cup
  • Small soup pot
  • 10 ml graduated cylinder (optional)
  1. Measure 6 oz. of beeswax (1 and 1/2 jar full). If you want the candle to fill right to the top use 8 oz. (2 jars full).
  2. Wipe your Pyrex cup with jojoba.
  3. Melt the beeswax in the Pyrex (see video for details).
  4. Place the wick in the jar using the chop sticks shown in the video.
  5. Measure your essential oil.
  6. Once the beeswax is melted, add the essential oil to the beeswax and stir.
  7. Pour slowly into the glass jar so to not disturb the wick.
  8. Allow it to solidify for several hours before burning.

You might call the combination of Lemon and Lavender a bit of Yin and Yang. Or you just might call it delightful.

Lemon and lavender and two beautiful scents of Summer. And when Summer has slowly begun to turn into Fall, and you want to bring back a little of Summer, having a lovely scented Lemon Lavender aromatherapy candle to light will delight your senses.

The ways to incorporate candles into our lives are endless.Place this candle in the kitchen and burn it in the morning as you sip a relaxing cup of tea. Burn it during quiet time devotions or Bible reading. Simply burn and enjoy.

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
Romans 8:11

Linking To:

Skip To My LouBy Stephanie LynnHomemade by You Wednesday with KatiehomeworkThe Frugal Girls741302_10151387329451013_1242776520_oTidyMom



  1. I HAVE to make this!!! I've pinned this so that I can reference it later. Thank you for such a beautiful and inspiring post! Let's hope I can execute the project as well as you did:) XO
    Kelly of Smart School House

  2. This is beautiful! I bet is smells delicious! I would just LOVE to have you share this at my link party going on! Feel free to link up anything else as well! Pinning this too!

  3. So beautiful! I love those scents together!

  4. Wow - I can only imagine how amazing this must smell. This is the perfect lazy summer scent. I will definitely have to try it out. Followed you from the Unprocessed Fridays.
    Love for you to come by to our next Wildcrafting Wednesday and share.

  5. oh I bet this smells amazing!!!

    Thanks for linking up! I shared your post in my wrap up Have a great rest of the weekend!

  6. pencils would work if you dont have chopsticks

  7. So the vetiver and patchouli combine to smell like lemon and lavender?

    1. Exactly what I was thinking. I was expecting lemon and lavender essential oils.

  8. Sorry about the confusion over the patchouli and vetiver in the recipe. Those are the oils the author of the recipe used and we used lemon and lavender in our version. We since have noted that in the post for clarification.

  9. I can't find the link to the video.

    1. Here is the link to the video. You can find it through the link on our post.

  10. Sounds wonderful!
    can't wait to make it.
    The jojoba? Is that so the beeswax doesn't stick on the Pyrex? What can you substitute?
    Thank you for the beautiful scripture too!

  11. Making your own candle sounds like fun. I love having natural smells for plants and fruits in my house. I have never made a candle before, but I it make lip balm a few years back. It was satisfying using something I had made myself.

  12. What kind of wick should I use for best results?

  13. I didn't realize how easy it would be to make your own aromatherapy candles. I love the idea of lemon lavender candle. I have just started getting interested in essential oils and how they can be used in my home. I would love to try making these candles with a bunch of different scent combinations.

  14. Nothing like a little Jesus to help you make candles.

  15. Where can lead-free wicks be purchased?

  16. What are the quantities of lemon and lavender for a 6-8oz jar please?

  17. Can you used dried lavender? or does it need to the oil?



There was an error in this gadget