Make your Christmas a little merrier with a batch of all natural Cinnamon Orange Gummy Men!
Do gingerbread men only have to be made out of gingerbread and decorated with icing and raisins?!
Well, yes and no!
This time is a "no". But still a very good "no".
Think of a blend of orange and cinnamon in the shape of a mini gingerbread man... this is what these are!In the past we shared with you how we made healthy gummy Legos here and Berry Fruit Snacks here. Today's recipe is the inspiration of Mamma Naturals blog.
Cinnamon Orange Gummy Men Recipe
- 3 cups of fresh chilled juice. I like orange the best.
- 1/2 cup of grass-fed gelatin
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
40-60 drops high-quality stevia
- Pour your chilled juice into a large Pyrex measuring cup or bowl.
- Add your 1/2 cup of grass fed gelatin.. Mix with metal spoon until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Pour your mixture into an enamel or stainless steel pot. Put on low-medium heat and add your honey or stevia. Stir until everything is blended well.
- Taste for sweetness. You want the mixture to taste almost too sweet since the flavors mellow once in gummy man form.
- Pour mixture back into your Pyrex measuring cup and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour into your mold.
- Let the gelatin slightly gel so that it doesn't spill everywhere when you transfer to refrigerator.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1/2 an hour or freezer for about 10 minutes. At that time, they are fully formed and ready to EAT and ENJOY! This recipe makes ~ 50 mini gummy men.
- Keep leftovers in fridge or cool place.
Our changes to original recipe:
Used Agave instead of honey and/or stevia
Added 3-4 drops organic cinnamon essential oil
Added 3 drops organic orange oil
They are just almost too cute to eat!
But you will be glad you did.
These Gummies are fun and full of flavor and good ingredients too that you really don't have to worry about how many you eat.
Make them up now and keep them in the refrigerator for those pat Christmas sugar blues we will all be experiencing.
A very Merry Christmas to you!
So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.