Wednesday, March 26, 2014

diy Natural Air Freshening Jar


Now that it is Spring, it is time to throw open the windows and air things out!

Don't settle for those store-bought, chemical filled air fresheners when you can make your own...and... you probably have the ingredients already..or can purchase them without hassle.
We did just that...
made our very own Natural Air Freshening Jars and you can too!




Natural Air Freshening Jar Recipe 

Jar with pierced lid.{Love the blue mason jar for this!}
Baking soda. Enough to almost fill the jar.
Essential oils of your choice. We used Lavender and Rosemary.

In a bowl measure out the backing soda by eye or by placing it in the jar first, and than into the bowl.
Add between 20-25 drops of EACH essential oil to the baking soda.



Gently mix well.

Spoon into jar.

You could even add in some dried herbs like lavender or eucalyptus if you like.




Secure lid and place in the perfect spot.



Refresh with additional essential oils when the scent is less than you prefer. 

Replace with fresh batch after about 60 days.






Happy Spring!




The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Linking To:

SNAP! The 36th Avenue

Lil\'LunaFlamingo ToesBy Stephanie LynnSkip To My LouhomeworkTip_Me_Tuesday_Button_TipJunkie-jpg

11 comments:

  1. I demonstrated this very technique at a environmental workshop about 3 years ago, and my jar STILL does the job! I don't open it every day, but keep it tightly closed when not in use. When I do open it, I stir the powder inside a bit, and it refreshes the air in my kitchen and family room quite nicely. Can't believe it's still working!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project on The Inspiration Board at homework. You were featured in the spotlight!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    carolyn ~ homework

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely pinning this and giving it a try. Great idea!

    My weekly say G'day linky party is happening right now and this post would be a perfect addition. Please pop on over and say g'day if you have a minute to spare!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely trying this, it sounds so delightful! I need an easy no muss no fuss way to gently scent my house. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for joining in with the Say G'Day Saturday linky party! I've just shared this on Google+ and Pinterest.

    Hope to see you again this Saturday!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely the way to go! And it works! Pinning for my followers that don't already do this.

    I don't use air fresheners with chemicals, and this is why: http://www.foodforyourcell.com/cleaned-to-death-canine-cancer/ (I don't normally share links in comments like this but I think it's relevant this time).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so brilliant I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Idea! I will surely use one in our new cabin and smell the beauty of spring. Thanks for sharing it with us, I will probably use a smaller mason jar. Awesome!

    Sebastian Chuter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! And when you want to make a new batch, use the old as a cleaner or laundry softener!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your Tip Me Tuesday link this week. {thanks girl!} Would you like Tip Junkie to feature your blog post to over 200,000 creative women? If you upload this blog post into your Tip Junkie craft room using at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL then I can easily feature it in my RSS feed, home page, and all my social networks instantly. {squealing with delight} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}
    http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie/

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It