Tuesday, February 15, 2011

50 ways to Reuse Receiving Blankets: The Mini Blanket Diaries

On the day I found out I was pregnant, my aunt was holding a Real Housewives of New Jersey party with all my aunts, my grandmother, my mom (of course) and my cousins. I figured this would be a great time to share the good news. Out of the 8 grandchildren in our family, I was the first to have a baby. So, I decided to go by a store and find the cutest baby outfit I could find and present it to my family and let them have all the joy and excitement I felt when that other pink line showed up on not one, two, but three at home tests!

At the store that day was my first run-in with what would become a secret obsession of mine: receiving blankets. They had so many! They were all adorable! Was I having a boy? Would I need pink blankets? What if I have twins? It was all a little much. I ended up finding the cutest little footed pajama with ducks on the feet, and called it good. But, I could not get those blankets off my mind.

As you can see by the picture above, I ended up with all the receiving blankets I know what to do with. That's just a small portion of them. Now that my boy is almost a year old, these blankets have taken on a whole new world of possibilities....

1 comment:

  1. Well I wonder what kind of great projeects you will come up with now!!!?????

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.